Thursday, March 5, 2009

"Recognize the Suckage, and Change it"

Decision-making tends to linger, when you are unsure of life, and all of it's endeavors!  With certain events of wanting to move out, the possibilities of getting married with in the next 3-4 years, and graduating with in the next year; I have "recognized the suckage" of my life, and have now decided to "change it".
Thinking that moving out on my own and being independent, I thought to myself, this is a good opportunity to get my life on track, on my own.  I could possibly get an experience with living with other people; being that I've never lived more then a mile away from home on my own.  And who better to move out with than Jamie and Kana to share this experience this with.  Well ap-PARENT-ly, "I'm just going to be joining a Girls Club" if I do, and it's not a good idea.  But I shouldn't get married either, because I ap-PARENT-ly don't have enough experience in life.  My parents feel I should go on a mission; I will get more experience from that, and I would be engaged in a good cause.  I, sadly being the stubborn person that I am, have lost the desire to serve a mission at this point in my life, (especially after finding the one and only true LOVE of my LIFE) strongly feel me moving out will give experience, and as much as going on a mission will give me experience.  But of course I recognize that the two routes are two very different things.  So I have now decided that my life sucks...yet I am grateful, because I doesn't suck as much as others around the world, and I am bound to make a change.  But I'm too upset to make a good change right now, once if am in good spirits, I'll make a change.  Until next time...Karen doesn't know how to make everyone happy, so hasn't she figured out that she can't. LOL!!!  I LOVE MY LIFE!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Girl, you are an adult. I am not going to tell you to disregard the counsel of your parents, but take it into consideration as you pray and ask what you should do--and whatever the answer is, that is what you do. Because at the end of the day, the Lord knows best. =) I know you'll make the right decision no matter what!

Ui said...

Amen to that Caryn. For reals sis....u need to get out and grab that bull..a.k.a. life by the horns and take control!!! u can do it! living on ur own is one of the best things ever! and no...its not the girls only club. u learn so much when u live amongst ur closes dearest friends. trust. *sigh* brings back memories. but caryn's right...u definitely need to hit up the BIG GUY because HIS answer is the one worth following.

Karessie said...

adam fell that men might be. men are that they may have joy. :) :)

cannot have the AWESOMENESS without the SUCKAGE! i have more but gotta go. come back later :)

Ashleigh said...

Okay, totally didn't know you had a blog lol. But I just stumbled across it now - as I was camping on the net, and can I just throw in my 2 cents...
I agree with the above 3 comments. Heavenly Father knows best. Always.
Living on my own the last few years has taught me more than I can even say. Getting married, albeit only two months ago, the best decision of my life and LEARNING/GROWING experience for sure.
And HEAVENLY FATHER A-L-W-A-Y-S knows best :) Good luck in making your decisions!
xoxo

LiafromLaie said...

Ok... so I'm discovering so many people have a blog... you being one... so just wanted to pop in and say "HEY KAREN!"

Anyway, I agree with Caryn and Ui... Consider the counsel of your parents then consult the Ultimate Parent in the entire Universe. By doing this you will be taking control of your life and you will have your will in line with His... and even if you're parents aren't happy with what you decide you know you have Heavenly Father in your corner... but that won't mean it's going to be easy.

Now... don't mind me I'm gonna stalk your blog now :D

Crystal said...

ok sis....did NOT know u have a blog. email me ur email address so i can add you!! YAY!!! LOVE your blog by the way.... i need more friends. i just made mine, but its private. so anyone can email me actually. my email is crystalhafoka@gmail.com.

Crystal said...

and sis...just DO IT!! you've been wanting to move out for years now. JUST DO IT!! you need to do it for YOU! you always worry about everyone else and you always try to make everyone else happy, but now its time to make yourself happy! Its okay to do that, ya know?? And you always told me you'd go on a mission when the time comes IF there isn't someone "special" in your life. but there is now...so just stick with it!! Do what you want to do, not what others want u to do. but as everyone else said....just ask heavenly father. he knows whats best. remember me? i had my papers done, dental work done and everything, i was ready to leave on a mission, but that wasnt heavenly fathers plan 4 me. i eventually threw in the towel and gave up trying to fight it. love you sis!! good luck! i miss you!

Nolo & Karen Lavaki said...

Aww Thank sis! And everyone! Man that's why we need loving friends, Heavenly Father is so loving! I'm super blessed with everything right now. Crystal, you're so right! LOL!!! Yes it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks, it's all about Heavenly Father, and what he plans for me. Thank sis for being a example in my life. Thanks to all of you! You all have been such a great example in my life! I really needed that push in a different direction! I LOVE YOU GUYS!