Friday, December 5, 2014

Grattide Cont.: Grateful for our Service Men

4. America the Beautiful

      So never did I ever imagine that my husband would join the Army.  The experience has been one to remember.  I've always had a huge amount of appreciation of what our troops & service men do to ensure our freedom, and safety.  I grew up praying for them always when we had family prayers in the morning.  With all the turmoil in the world, who else would do the job?  My prayers were so small, but I now know how much of a blessing it is to have the prayers, trust, confidence, and love from anyone who will give such attributes for those who are enlisted.  I would encourage everyone to keep their families in their prayers as well, as they sacrifice just at much as our soldiers do whether they're deployed or not.  Money cannot buy the priceless moments that soldiers and their families miss out on a daily basis.
Nolo and Dj (Battle Buddies) Family Day before BCT Graduation

      Now that I'm actually here on Post, living amongst others who are experiencing some of the same day to day life of a Soldier and their families, the deeper my appreciation is for all of these men and women who serve our country.  There is more to Army, then it just being a job.  Living on post, you can feel the "mana," the pride that these people have.  I've made lots of friends upon which I've secretly admired to my self and repeated in my mind "I'm sure glad and proud to know that you are protecting me and my family for a chance to live here in the United States of America."  Especially at this time of turmoil around our country where there have been riots, looting, and wars among our own people, I'm sure glad that I know some of the most honorable, and valiant men and women out there to serve and protect us.  I sure pray that we can all pull it together politically for their sakes, and pray that we as a nation can work together to present a more positive and peaceful environment for all our sakes.  God Bless America.  And a big THANK YOU to all our service men and women for sacrificing so much for our freedom and safety.  I'm grateful the Heavenly Father has blessed us with an opportunity to share the gospel through our service in the military.  We always pray for guidance to share the gospel with those around us.  And continuously pray that we can be the best example of our Savior Jesus Christ to our fellow brothers and sisters here.    

Nolo and I - Family Day before BCT Graduation

Nolo and his Battle Buddies BCT Graduation Day


No comments: